Members of our registry are held to the highest standards in their interactions with GOS buyers and other GOS breeders. As a united organization, we adhere to the following Code of Ethics.
If you become a member of GOSPBU you agree to the following statements…
As a member of Gloucestershire Old Spots Pig Breeders United I will:
- Demonstrate a high standard of integrity in all activities related to my GOS pigs, and the GOSPBU;
- Provide to all GOS pigs under my care, a high standard of animal husbandry;
- Maintain an organized and clear GOS pig identification system adopted by the GOSPBU on my farm.
- Maintain accurate detailed farrowing records that insure confidence in the pedigree of all GOS pigs submitted for registration.
- Register only GOS pigs of quality, which meet the standards of confirmation specified by the GOSPBU.
- Ensure all transactions regarding GOS pigs are executed with fairness and openness.
- Be prompt in accurately registering, recording and transferring of all breeding animals.
- Act as a representative of GOSPBU. I will educate breeding stock customers about the characteristics of GOS pigs and the policies and services offered by the GOSPBU, including use of the GOSPBU website.
- Make decisions which support long-term viability of the GOS breed, its producers, and their customers.
- Support and uphold the bylaws and standards of GOSPBU.